28 January 2008

My Favorite Darwin Award of 2007!



After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies....
The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.


Some days, I'm they crazy person that escapes (I wonder what happened to them?)
Some days, I'm the bus driver.
Some days, I'm the average person that got on the wrong bus.
Some days, I'm the psychiatrist.

This my friends is a modern day parable - now for some deep meaning behind it all...

2 comments:

Mike Croghan said...

:-)

I think I've played all of those roles too. Mostly I think I'm one of the crazy people who got away, but wonders from time to time whether he's really cut out for such freedom....

David said...

LOL

As an actor, one thing that I tried to avoid completely was being 'type cast' but in this case, being type casts means playing the insane people in which case - could be kinda fun.

Then I could play my true self and not put on this facade of normalcy.
:-)